Oct 14, 2010

food glorious food.

I decided to personalize this blog up a little so you're not seeing editorials, runway shows and whatnot all the time. True gourmand at heart, trust me when I say that I love dining out, tasting new things, grocery shopping, cooking, cooking shows etc. God, anything food related could make me swoon.
I appreciate people/chefs who put love and effort into cooking something tasty. If anything, good food could unite the whole world...Anyways, I have a massive appetite and sometimes I even wonder how I am not morbidly obese with the amount of food I manage to stuff in my trap. It's scary, really. 


Here's something I ate a few days ago that was not bad...those who are permanent vegetarians or those who are undergoing the vegetarian festivities in Thailand right now would love this. Grilled veg lasagne is a much healthier alternative than greasy fried vegetarian noodles and fried tofu (although I DO love myself some good old tofu...I am half asian after all) check out my friend and fellow blogger: bimmycakes (click for link), she's new to blogging so you may want to take a look and show her a bit of love...she blogs about  delicious foods and other things) 




So those living in Bangkok or those who have visited may be familiar with Greyhound cafes, the owner is also the artist/ designer of the infamous greyhound, playhound clothing labels. If I remember correctly the label has been around since the 70s? I'm not sure but it's known for it's contemporary, edgy and very playful designs. He's opened a bunch of cafes and restaurants that have a retro bistro feel to it...if you ever visit Thailand I urge you to check it out.


layers of eggplant, mushroom, zucchini, romaine lettuce, bell peppers, fresh tomato sauce, olives and a few layers of lasagne sheets (to make it a legit looking veg lasagne ofcourse) and some parmesan to top it off. (ofcourse if you're doing the whole vegetarian festival in Thailand you wouldn't want to add parmesan or lasagne sheets)


1.grill your sliced veggies in your oven with a little bit of virgin olive oil drizzled on top
2.boil your lasagne sheets till al dente
3.layer your veggies together in a lasagne manner, with a ladle of fresh or canned tomato sauce every layer or so (if you throw in some minced garlic and onions in a frying pan with olive oil then add your tomato sauce & some salt in the pan it makes all the difference...the sauce will be much more delicious)
serve with flakes of parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and fresh ground black pepper & salt to taste.

No comments: