Oct 1, 2010

Updates from Paris.

MORE spring summer 2011 updates...hope my few readers (thanks for being my readers *happy face*)
aren't bored of runway show updates...because they'll just keep coming as the designers blow my mind again and again everyday of fashion week. Normally I wait to see the Dries Van Noten shows...but I wasn't that taken by this season's collection, meh.


Rochas s/s 2011

fifties-sixties beachgoers/ city dwellers. The socks with the flat grandpa sandals (patent leather sandals) has never looked this stylish. One of my favorite collections this season, definitely top 5.






 okay this full dress with the word print has officially blown my mind.







 Damir Doma s/s 2011

fluid, minimalist...you cannot go wrong












Carven s/s 2011

Carven is love, the cool thing about the label is that it's slightly more affordable luxury. Its tres youthful, playful, they twist the classics making them more up-to-date which I love. This season my favorite were the graphic printed dresses and the coquettish little bows and fabric twists in some outfits. I prefer the past two season collections a little more but ever since the new designer, Carven seems to never disappoint.

















Balenciaga s/s 2011
one of the boys...
AND an all star cast of supermodels woooo!















Rick Owens s/s 2011


ze evil bunny














Balmain s/s 2011
rockstar 101
well... what should I say, not as opulent as the previous collection, I was a little disappointed by the collection. It's VERY Balmain, but I find it's getting quite repetitive...maybe next collection we'll see some different shapes/silhouettes too?
Some looks were creepily similar to Isabel Marant fall/winter 2010 (pointy pumps, tight fitting rolled up jeans and the leather jacket look). I know a lot of women are digging the Balmain look and the Isabel Marant look but I mean...aren't you dying for something refreshing already?I know this look is uber popular, no offense to Balmania lovers out there.











Givenchy s/s 2011

a grunge revival

















Yves Saint Laurent s/s 2011

Parisian Bond girl, YSL is once again, making more to-die-for shoes. These heels may be the next YSL cage heel of this season (seen on Freja third last photo)









\









Giambattista Valli s/s 2011





















lexander McQueen s/s 2011






































photos via: style.com











No comments: