Dec 30, 2010

Delicacies


  1. I'm still kind of jetlagged and still unpacking my things from my christmas trip, but since I haven't made a new post in a loong time I decided to show you a few snapshots taken by my iphone of the FOOOD restaurants I went to dine at in Dubai. We stayed at the Atlantis hotel, since we went as a family, it only made sense that we stayed somewhere family orientated, it felt a little like a disneyland hotel with the underwater theme which was very in-your-face and kitschy but the service was amazing, so were the hotel amenities, top quality stuff.


 Rostang.


A parisien style brasserie by chef Michel Rostang (yes, I read and memorized the entire information on the restaurants at the hotel) yes he may have 2 michelin stars but the food, I felt was really not all it's made up to be. Don't let me mislead you, the food was of very good quality, but it's not what you'd expect from a chef with two michelin stars to boast. Food was tasty but there were many improvements that could be made, I was thinking to myself that some dishes I ate, I could have easily eaten a much better version in any Parisian Brasserie in France. For the christmas dinner we ate here because it was the only restaurant available without reservations (we arrived a few hours before dinner) there was a good champagne selection and we got a little tipsy, we then fooled around with a happy buzz and our bellies full at the aquarium before it was closed. It was a very merry christmas indeed...




 Their gratin dauphinoise was what made my night, tasted just like my granma's

onion soup that was served in a massive pot.



caaaaakes & pastries wooooo





we went to Rostang twice, this was for my last dinner before my flight...a salmon tournedos with balsamic sauce and a side of sauteed mushrooms, tasty.
 what would the world be like without mushrooms? I'd die.



I got free henna at the mall...I got inspired, I'm thinking I want to buy my own henna and make really lovely designs by myself one day soon, would be a good alternative for a tattoo for me since I don't think I could live with anything permanent drawn on my skin. (no offense to those with tats)

christmass!

Nobu

I've been dying to eat at this place, and let me tell you, I was not disappointed!
Sorry for the crappy photo quality, the lights were really dim in the restaurant and I didn't want to start going crazy taking photos with flash to disturb everyone, I only got a chance to take a few of the dishes we ate because most of them were gone before I could take a photo hahaha, we were starved at the time.
But I did manage to take some so...enjoy!



"a sushi bar is just like an aquarium, only with dead fish behind the glass" -my brother

 loved the decor.




 soft shell crab springroll, with a wasabi mayonnaise dip ( the dip was amaaazing, note to self: should try making it at home)

 la piece de resistance: foie gras with pumpkin chips. We had to order this twice because it was too good, really very yummy.

close up


sashimi tacos with salsa, me and my sister liked this but my parents found it boring...well, meh.

No comments: