Sep 12, 2010

Uncle Boonmee.



I've wanted to blog about this for a while now. Being raised in Thailand you become strangely patriotic to Thailand, I think its the way we are raised, the Thais have a very strong connection to each other sometimes like a big loving family ( I know that seems so hypocritical since you witnessed the redshirt rebellion) but do believe me, maybe that is the secret to why we are so successful in tourism. Im not sure. But the fact that a Thai director won such a prestigious prize as Le Palme D'or at Cannes makes me want to cry (hahaha very melodramatic yes. i know) BUT I DO! People don't know this, but Thailand has an amazing artistic scene with the most innovative minds that have no yet been witnessed by the world...and I always find that its a crying shame. Maybe its because we have such long, extensive and hard to pronounce names?  I don't know. What I do know is that I'm so proud of every major Thai achievement, so for today I'm going to gloat about my fellow country men's glory and show you the trailer. enjoy :)

No comments: